Dear People of St. Andrew the Apostle:
Advent is nearly done. Our 4th Sunday points us back to the first coming of Jesus. Christmas is here!
As we celebrate Christ's birth, it might be good for us to ask the question, what is our gift to Jesus on His birthday? There will be many gifts around most of our Christmas trees, but what is our gift to the One whose birthday we celebrate? If we were to ask Jesus what He would like, perhaps his answer might be something like this:
"If you want to give Me a present in remembrance of My birth here is my wish list. Choose something from it:
- Open your heart to a special encounter with Me. I desire a close, personal and intimate relationship with you.
- Write letters of love and hope to soldiers away from home. They are terribly afraid and lonely this time of year. I know, they tell Me all the time.
- Visit someone in a nursing home. You don't have to know them personally. They just need to know that
someone cares about them.
- Pray to become peacemakers who bring comfort into your family and at your work or school. Pray for the
strength to not bring anger, hurt or division.
- Spend more time with your children. Tell them the story of My birth, and why I came to live with you down here. Hold them in your arms and remind them that I love them.
- Pick someone that has hurt you in the past and forgive him or her.
- Did you know that someone in your town will attempt to take their own life this season because they feel so
alone and hopeless? Since you don't know who that person is, try giving everyone you meet a warm smile; it could
make the difference.
- Instead of nit-picking about what the retailer in your town calls the holiday, be patient with the people who
work there. Give them a warm smile and a kind word. Even if they aren't allowed to wish you a "Merry Christmas" that doesn't keep you from wishing them one. Then stop shopping there on Sunday. If the store didn't make so
much money on that day they'd close and let their employees spend the day at home with their families.
- If you really want to make a difference, support your parish mission – Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Jeremie,
Haiti—send a gift that expresses My love and Good News to those who need an opportunity to grow and become
responsible citizens who can work for change in the desperate poverty of their country.
- Finally, commit to being with me every Sunday at worship. I am there to speak to your heart and reach out to you and remind you of my love for you.
I LOVE YOU, JESUS
May your Christmas celebration be filled with warmth and joy…and may those who are separated from loved ones, and those grieving recent losses, know that Jesus is our "God who is with us" always.
Orders taken after Masses Dec 6/7 and Dec 13/14Read more
Online orders taken beginning Sun, Dec 7
Pick up Sat, Dec 20
- DEC 10
- DEC 20
at Chandler Fashion CenterRead more
- DEC 20
- DEC 25
Christmas Eve - Wed, Dec 24 - 4:00pm, 6:00pm, 8:00pm, 12:00am MidnightRead more
Christmas Day - Thu, Dec 25 - 9:00am, 11:00am
- DEC 28
at Culver's on Ray Road, across from St. Andrew'sRead more
- JAN 1
The Solemnity of Mary, Mother of GodRead more
Mass times: Wed, Dec 31 5:00pm; Thu, Jan 1 10:00am
- JAN 5
Come and explore the Catholic faith and Adult Confirmation.Read more
- JAN 8
11-part seriesRead more
Thursdays, 7:00-9:00pm beginning Thu, Jan 8
- JAN 14
for Engaged and Newlyweds in their 20-30’s & the first 5 yrs of marriageRead more
- JAN 16
All divorced, widowed, never married are invited!Read more
- JAN 17
- FEB 21
- SEP 22